Help us provide an unrivalled service to our customers and build on our position as market leader in our industry. Consider joining our stevedoring team in Dublin!
Who We Are
We are the largest independent shipping company in Ireland offering integrated shipping, logistics and maritime services through our offices in all the major ports in Ireland. With over 130 years operating in the shipping industry, we offer an unrivalled level of experience and expertise to our customers.
We endeavour to operate twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week based on the needs of our customers, ship schedules and maintenance schedules; therefore, the General Operative’s working hours will vary from week to week and will include early morning, late evenings and weekends.
The role of the General Operative will be in assisting the Electricians, Mechanics, Welder & external contractors with the maintenance of equipment & machinery
Keeping oil stores in good condition + monitoring oil/grease stock
Keeping Rope Stores in good condition + monitoring rope stock
- Taking in deliveries and updating stock levels
- Keeping parts storage in good order
- Working with maintenance team & admin team to keep track of parts in & out
- Housekeeping / Maintenance in Garage & surrounding area
- General housekeeping
- Painting (Floor markings / canteen / locker rooms etc)
- Keeping surrounding area tidy & hazard-free
Compensation & Benefits
The rate of pay for this position will be discussed with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will also be eligible to receive:
• Company Pension Scheme (with company contributions)
• Death In Service Benefit
• Dental Care Scheme
• Sick Pay Scheme
• Vision/Eye Care