Doyle Shipping Group is a shipping and logistics company operating in Ireland since 1886, offering integrated shipping, logistics, and maritime services. We are the market leader in our industry in Ireland with offices in all the major ports in Ireland. For further information on the Doyle Shipping Group, please visit www.doyleshipping.ie
We are currently recruiting for Harbour Crane Operators who will be based in Dublin Port.
Summary of Position
The primary responsibility of the Crane Operator is to operate Harbour Cranes:
· Harbour Mobile Cranes (Liebherr LHM and Gottwalk or similar)
· Ship-to-Shore (Liebherr STS or similar, Kalmar, Koni, ZPMC etc)
· Rubber Tyre Gantry (Liebherr RTG or similar, Kalmar, Koni, ZPMC etc)
Cranes are used to load and discharge bulk cargo and containers to and from ships and trucks. The duties of this position also include general housekeeping duties.
· Fluency in spoken English
· Good literacy and numerical skills
· Operate Harbour/Port cranes for discharge and loading of ships
· Assist with the maintenance and repair of all Harbour cranes
· Carry out Banksman duties onboard ships
· Assist with the general housekeeping/cleaning of Company equipment, work areas, and premises
· Any other duties the management may from time to time deem necessary and reasonably require
The Harbour Crane Operator will be required to work 39 hours a week. Working hours may vary depending on the needs of the Company’s customers and ship schedules. The harbour Crane Operator is also expected to work overtime hours which may include early mornings, late evenings, and weekend work.
The primary place of work for this position will be at our premises at Dublin Port. The Crane Operator may be required to work at other locations from time to time.
· Leaving Certificate or equivalent education standard required
· Previous experience working with Harbour Cranes
· Previous experience working in ship loading/discharge with Grab, Hook, and Spreader
· Experience in stevedoring operations
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Ability to work within a team
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Adaptable and flexible
- Gross Salary - €33,969 per annum.
- €50 Sunday premium for any Sunday worked.
- Overtime - paid at time and one-half.
- 21 days Annual Leave Holidays
The successful candidate will also be eligible to receive:
- Company Pension Scheme (with company contributions)
- Death In Service Benefit
- Dental Care Scheme
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Vision/Eye Care
The successful candidate should be prepared to start ASAP.