Help us provide an unrivalled service to our customers and build on our position as market leader in our industry. Consider joining our stevedoring team in Dublin!
Who We Are
We are the largest independent shipping company in Ireland offering integrated shipping, logistics, and maritime services through our offices in all the major ports in Ireland. With over 130 years operating in the shipping industry, we offer an unrivalled level of experience and expertise to our customers.
The Machine Operative will join our stevedoring team based in Dublin Port assisting with the handling of cargo to/from vessels and in our terminals using our plant, machinery, and equipment.
On a daily basis, the Machine Operative will moor/unmoor vessels, move cargo for our customers using our plant, machinery, and equipment such as cranes, tugs, reachstackers, forklifts, and bobcats and also work to keep our equipment and work areas clean and orderly.
Offer of employment will be conditional on successful completion of training as a Crane Driver. No initial experience is necessary, as full training will be provided.
The hours for this position will be based on ships schedules.
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Full, clean Category B driving licence or an equivalent driving license from another country which is valid in Ireland
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written
• Good literacy and numerical skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Proven ability to work within a team
Ideally, the successful candidate will have previous warehousing or cargo handling experience but this is not a requirement. Also, HGV or large plant equipment experience, a HGV licence, and or forklift licence would be an advantage.
Compensation & Benefits
- Up to €16.75
- 21 days annual leave
- Premiums paid for any Public Holiday or Sunday worked
- Regular overtime at time and one-half
The successful candidate will also be eligible to receive:
• Company Pension Scheme (with company contributions)
• Death In Service Benefit
• Dental Care Scheme
• Vision/Eye Care